DEPUTY HEAD OF SCHOOL
The Charter School East Dulwich are seeking to appoint a highly effective and motivated professional to the position of Deputy Head of School from September 2021.
Deputy Head of School for The Charter School East Dulwich
Salary: L19-23 - (Inner London) £73,715 - £80,472
We are a co-educational, inclusive secondary school in its fifth year of operation with pupils in Years 7 to 11 and a brand new Sixth Form opening in September 2021. Part of The Charter Schools Educational Trust, we work closely with our sister school, The Charter School North Dulwich, an outstanding 11-18 school with excellent KS4 and KS5 outcomes. Our Trust includes the Charles Dickens Research School and the London South Teaching School Hub and we benefit from cross-Trust collaboration.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and ambitious Deputy Head of School who appreciates and embraces collaboration. They will work closely with a newly appointed Head of School and our outstanding Executive Headteacher to deliver the vision of sustainable and exceptional education for all students.
The full-time post will start from September 2021.
Applications are particularly welcome from black and minority ethnic candidates who are under-represented in our senior leadership teams.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Demonstrates the knowledge, experience and ability for school leadership
- Collaborates effectively across the secondary schools and wider trust
- Applies the Trust’s values in pursuit of its mission
- Has the highest expectations of colleagues, able to develop a strong staff team
- Has the highest expectations of students, inspiring them within a well-disciplined and harmonious environment
- Enables all students to achieve their potential, ensuring they leave school as rounded, resilient individuals, ready to take their places as active citizens in the wider world
- Will lead on student behaviour, attitudes and personal development
- Is committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning across the schools.
In return you will get:
- To work alongside an outstanding team in an exceptional school and innovative Trust
- To apply your skills in an environment that prioritises staff well-being, satisfaction and recognition
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- To shape the future direction and development of the school
- Outstanding professional development and support with strong progression opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to join our school at a pivotal and exciting point in its development.
How to Apply:
Further information about the position of Deputy Head of School and how to apply can be found by downloading the information pack and application form below.
Alternatively please contact Wendy Andrews, Director of HR, email: WAndrews@tcset.org.uk or telephone 020 7346 6608.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12.00 on Thursday 15th April 2021
Interviews will take place on Friday 23rd April 2021
The Charter Schools Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to receipt of a completed application form, satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please note CVs are not accepted.